Parish News Weblog
Congratulations to the Winner and Runners-up in this years Best Kept Frontage Competition.
Please see link below, a poster regarding litter and fines. These posters will also be put on all bus stops and our noticeboards this week. Please spread the word to keep Hullbridge a clean and tidy place to live in.
The newsletter of the Public Rights of Way team.
Please click on link below to find out all information regarding footpaths/rights of ways in Essex. This can also be found on Essex County Councils website.
FUN FAIR Police have been notified of a fun fair in Hullbridge in the field off Pooles Lane. They have set up tonight but don't open until Thursday 6th August - 6pm to 9pm. Other opening times are: 7th August - 6pm to 9pm. 8th August 2pm to 9pm. 9th August - 2pm to 6pm. They then move on to Chalkwell Park on Monday 10th August. If your family attend the event please be considerate to neighbouring properties. Thank you.
PC 1325 JOYNES - Neighbourhood Policing Team - Telephone 101.
Essex Police and Essex County Council Trading Standards are warning residents not to agree to work from traders who knock on your door offering tree cutting, gardening, roofing or other household maintenance. Residents across the county have been targeted via door knocking and leafleting for
work that is often substandard, overpriced and unnecessary.
We are urging all residents to keep an eye on elderly or vulnerable neighbours and call the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454 040506, who handle calls for Trading Standards, to log any concerns so that we can ensure that residents do not get ripped off.
Some top tips to avoid being caught out by rogue/doorstep traders
▪ Never agree to household repairs or maintenance via a knock on the door
▪ Check out any leaflet through the door as often the address can be false and the telephone number untraceable
▪ If you need work carried out get at least three written quotations and ask family, friends and or neighbours about traders they have used.
▪ Use a Buy with Confidence business who have been audited and approved by Trading Standards via 03454 040506 or www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
▪ Ensure your relative, neighbour has not been the target of these rogue traders
If you are being threatened by a doorstep trader or they want to take you to the bank to obtain cash call 101 or 999.
Use the calendar or list of months to view entries made on those dates.