Parish News Weblog
Due to some cancellations we have a couple of indoor stalls available for our Christmas fayre. For further details please contact the Parish Office on 01702 232 038.
The Environment Agency has issued a 24/7 Hotline to try and gain intelligence to combat the illegal dumping of rubbish also known as flytipping.
If you witness or find fly-tipping or have any information about it you can now report it to the Environment Agency 0800 807060.
Reports should include as many details about the incident and type/amount of waste as possible.
Some key points about if you witness such activity:
* Witnesses are vitally important in enabling action to be taken against people who fly-tip waste, so please do not hesitate to report any incident that you witness as soon as possible.
* Do not put yourself in danger by approaching anyone you see dumping waste; they are criminals, who may be involved in other criminal activities, and as such are unlikely to respond well to being challenged. If it is possible to observe them safely, the more information you are able to provide, the better the chances of an investigation.
Information that is useful includes the following:
1. Time and date of incident;
2. Description of person(s) dumping waste;
3. Description of vehicle(s) involved, including registration numbers;
4. Description of the waste dumped;
5. Photographs can also be very useful, but only if it is possible to obtain them safely.
Please be reassured that any information supplied in connection to any such incident is treated in strictest confidence. If you make notes please keep them, even if they are scribbled notes on the back of an envelope. Actual notes taken at the time can be very valuable as evidence.
Do not try to rummage through the waste yourself to look for evidence, as there may be hazardous or sharp items hidden among the waste.
Information taken from House of commons briefing paper May 2016
A large number of motor vehicles have had items stolen from within them recently whilst being left unlocked.
Please remember to lock and secure your vehicles and alarm them if you have one, even if being left for a very short period.
Not only could this possibly prevent the crime in the first place but will also make any insurance claim invalid.
Author: Steve JUDD PC 917
Distribution: Rochford and CP Districts
Use the calendar or list of months to view entries made on those dates.
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014